Monday, December 18, 2023

I bought a new dress and it fits!

While I know the company I got it from might have generous sizing and because of the shape of the dress it definitely flounces out over my hips/thighs (bought a swing style dress) but I'm just so happy.

I've lost 65lbs now and was honestly a bit flabbergasted that I still hadn't gone down a clothing size in my trousers (I hold a lot of weight in my thighs and arms- in my stomach and hips too but it's just shrunk at a faster rate than my thighs or arms) so because of my thighs changing so slowly I haven't been able to size down in trousers yet although the waist/hips are getting baggy for sure now

I'm also in a position (due to being near enough bed bound due to disability) where most of my clothes are loose fitting and it's rare I get to wear something slightly more form fitting just because it makes day to day life a bit trickier.

But because its Christmas when I stumbled across a really cute dress that appealed to one of my interests but was actually a nice design I decided to go for it to wear for the little bit of time I get to spend with my family out of bed etc.

After reading the reviews they often said to trust the measurements on the site and not just assume its your normal dress size, some people ended up with dresses too big but for most it was a bit more snug than they expected, hence me assuming it generally runs big.

But I have a very similar dress made by the same manufacturer that I wore in September last year. It was a UK 20....

The dress I got for Xmas, which fits.

Is a UK 16!!!!

While I know its probably just a small 18 compared to other shops or at least a very big 16, I'm just so happy.

I love the dress for one, but also I just genuinely feel so happy to have gotten this far in spite of everything and it's just like concrete proof that this is genuinely working.

I've not been below a size 20 since I was 16. And I weigh less now than I did at 13, I'm now 30.

I started at 259lbs (18st 7lbs) and I'm now 194lbs (13st 12lbs) and while I still have a long way to go, it's feeling really real and just kind of all hitting me at once so I wanted to share the happiness.

I'm still concerned my thighs are gonna cause some problems skin wise because the way the fat formed on them its basically like globes hanging off and I'm a bit worried they're going to make it a bit harder to move than it already is, but hopefully the weight will eventually come off there enough that they're less in the way :)

I'm just so happy this is working so straight forwardly. So many years of crap advice regarding weight loss from doctors (either that it would be impossible for me to lose weight due to my limited movement or that i could only lose weight if i ate 500kcal long term- utter BS on both) and then Google and reddit enabled me to consistently lose weight and I couldnt be more grateful for everyone who gave me advice when I first reached out about how to calculate tdee in my situation.

Just thank you, so so much.

submitted by /u/maiaalfie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nr3OmiB

No comments:

Post a Comment