Monday, December 25, 2023

Would a low-carb-but-not-to-the-point-of-ketosis diet work?

I like protein (like meat, meat substitutes, dairy, nuts, beans etc.) and don't particularly crave carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes, bread). However I see mainly two types of diet - conventional ones where you eat normal amounts of carbs, and then ketogenic ones (like keto, Atkins etc) where carbs are severely limited. Now, I think the diet I'd be happiest with would be one where I get my calories mainly from protein and fats, but with a few carbs thrown in - in the sense that I don't want to eliminate carbs so thoroughly that even certain fruits and vegetables become off limits like with the keto diet.

I know it won't affect weight loss much because a calorie deficit is a calorie deficit, but is there a reason this isn't ever really done? A friend who's doing keto claims that "half-assing" keto like this is not advisable. I'm thinking maybe the body would be craving carbs badly, but since it's still getting a trickle of carbs it won't quite be in ketosis with the accompanying benefits of appetite suppression etc. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/LMF5000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NPmkIBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment