Friday, December 29, 2023

Should I make weight loss a goal after giving birth?

I'm currently almost 6 months pregnant. 5'8" (175cm) and 91kg(200lbs). I'm not planning on striving for weight loss during pregnancy as honestly just maintaining my weight has been a struggle (up until about a month ago I kept losing weight due to HG and my husband and gynecologist found it to be very concerning).

Since I was a teenager, doctor's have attributed a lot of my chronic pain to weight and told me that if I lose weight then I should have increased mobility and less pain. (In 2019-2020 my pain was bad enough that I couldn't walk more than 500 steps a day. Physical therapy has helped and I can now do about 3,000-5,000 without issue. I can get up to 8,000-12,000 but I normally end up having a flair afterwards and being stuck in bed for up to 3 days recovering.) At the time when my pain and mobility were the worst though I was between 55-60kg (120-140lbs) and also was missing periods, my hair was falling out, I was so fatigued that I would sleep 16+ hours a day and still fall asleep while standing up in the middle of a conversation with someone and my anemia was pretty bad. I was always cold even in 40C(100F) heat.

I want to be as healthy as possible so that I can run and play with my child. I don't want to have to tell him that mommy can't take him to the park because her knees hurt to bad. With that in mind, should I make weight loss a goal post partum or focus exclusively on strength? I felt my best at around 75-80kg (165-175lbs). I know that's still technically an overweight BMI but would it be a good goal?

submitted by /u/LaCholaDeLaUAS
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VzKYylj

No comments:

Post a Comment