Tuesday, December 26, 2023

How bad/good is my weight loss strategy?

I've had many successful and unsuccessful diets in the past.

This time, I've taken things seriously and a lot simpler than ever. For starters, I unfortunately have insulin resistance. According to most BMR calculators online, I burn 2300 calories with no activity. I decided to put myself in deficit of nearly 900-1000 calories each day. Meaning that I eat around 1200-1300 calories. I focus mainly on protein and salads, and I stay away from carbs if I can. I only count calories atm.

In one month, I've lost 10lbs and I can feel clothes being a lot more comfortable on me (started at 303lbs). I feel good. I don't starve myself and I still let myself eat some fast food every 10 day but in moderation. The only bad thing that I'm doing is not really getting much excerise. I just rely on movement and walking during my part-time job (3 days per week) doing around 6k steps in those days.

Anyways, how bad/good will this end up for me on the long run? I've been reading a lot on "survival mode" when having a large deficit and I'm worried that I might screw up my metabolism. I can definitely see myself continuing like this for a very long time if it's a good way of losing weight.

submitted by /u/rinchiib
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/EGDhq4k

No comments:

Post a Comment