Thursday, December 21, 2023

So I’m just “supposed” to be 190lbs at 5’3F?! (Rant)

So I actually went to a dietitian the other day and at first I was excited to talk about my goals, my routine, and get macro/meal plan recommendations..

I mentioned to her that I’m trying to recomposition my body to build muscle and lose fat, and I’m hoping that it results in weight loss as the weight that I’m at is uncomfortable for me.

Before Covid and my dad passed, I weighed 125lbs and was lean. After everything, I basically got really depressed and let myself go completely and gained 70lbs. So I would like to at least get back to 140ish.

I mentioned my history and my struggles with everything, and that my depression has improved drastically since changing meds and going to the gym regularly

… and she basically just dismissed everything just to tell me that 190 is probably my set point and that I’ll likely never lose more than 10lbs and keep it off. When I asked about recomposition, she again said that my body just “likes” being at a higher body fat percentage and that diets and meal plans are pretty “useless” and that i should focus more on Whole Foods and “accepting my body as it is”. Literally the most generic, eyeroll inducing advice ever. So that’s where I pretty much ended the visit, and walked out in tears, discouraged, and without any useful nutrition advice, as I already eat a lot of Whole Foods..

I just don’t understand how my body is just “supposed” to be obese, especially when I never was before I picked up a bunch of bad habits. I told my fiancé what happened and he encouraged me and told me that alot of people have lost weight and kept it off and as long as I do so in a healthy way, i can make significant changes.

I’m just worried that maybe she’s right and I’m just mad because she told me something I didn’t want to hear…

ALSO- I definitely don’t want to discourage anyone from seeing a dietitian either, I think mine may have been a unicorn, but still infuriating and I had to get it out there.🙄

submitted by /u/Wonderful-Ad4050
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iWcUjVs

No comments:

Post a Comment