Sunday, December 24, 2023

Lost over 50lbs since highest weight, still have 100lbs to lose.

Hey!!!

A little bit about me:

I’m 27 y/o. When I was 18 I hit 222 lbs and decided to lose a bunch of weight. I got down to 157 and was able to maintain it for a few years.

Basically, life got really hard and I relapsed hard. I gained so much weight. I looked at the scale, mortified for over a year. Finally the scale hit 300. I was in disbelief. I nearly had prediabetes and high cholesterol.

I lost 54 lbs, my low as of a few weeks ago at the doctor was 246! (I am a bit excited and nervous to get bloodwork again, but I’d like to soon).

Let me say: I am incredibly grateful to myself for deciding to do this and I want to continue. The past few weeks have been tough.

I’ve been eating lots of winter treats! (Yum) but sugar is not good for me because it’s a huge trigger for me to binge.

I know the only way out is through, but I admit I feel really overwhelmed to know I lost over 50 lbs, and am still over 20 lbs higher than my last “I’ll never be this big again” weight that triggered my first extreme weight loss. Having to relose all that weight sucks, and I am having a hard time celebrating when I am still big.

I am just trying to prepare myself to get through relosing the weight I lost when I was 18. I do have a feeling going through the 222-157 will be weird. I hope to finally get to 150.

I am working on celebrating the small victories like walks being easier, or able to casually wear straight sizes. Just last night I picked up a clearance XL sweater and didn’t have to worry it wouldn’t fit. It looks awesome. I’m going to wear it soon!

For the rest… I know the only way to lose 100 more lbs is one pound at a time… so here I go.

Thanks for reading. :-)

TL;DR: lost a lot of weight. Regained it all plus more. Have lost 1/3 of my needed weight loss, but do not feel great as I still weigh more than my initial highest weight, and also still have so far to go. Hopeful for the future and trying to keep determination even though it’s hard and there are so many holiday treats.

Happy holidays!

submitted by /u/SpoopiestPumpkin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q53fLIj

No comments:

Post a Comment