Saturday, December 16, 2023

When should i stop my weight loss journey?

I'm (M40) I started losing weight 5 years ago, at my heaviest i was 375 at least from what i remember although it may have been higher. At the moment i weigh 204, I'm 5'11, my BMI is at 28.5 and according to my scale i have 27.5% body fat, since September 2022 i started lifting weights with dumb bells, first at home and then a few months later i joined a gym and have been lifting consistently every week ever since, i have a tremendous amount of energy at least compared to how i was before and if not for a lingering back issue that was caused by how heaving i used to be, I am basically in the best shape of my life.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of loose skin, most of it on my stomach, i have some on my arms and legs, when i look at myself my arms and legs look like that of a thin persons except with some loose skin, what doesn't make sense is how my mid section (stomach) looks when compared to the rest of my body, i keep thinking that if i keep losing weight that maybe it will get better but i feel like if i went to lets say 190 pounds, nothing would look different, except that my arms, legs and face would look thinner and they are thin enough as it is (at least thats the feedback that i get from everyone).

Does it make sense to keep losing weight and hit the 190 mark for someone of my height? or should i stop losing weight and just focus on maintenance and lifting weights? my current BMI makes me think that i should continue to lose weight until i hit a normal BMI but i also think that i should probably factor in the amount of weight that i would lose by just having my excess skin removed, i think that its very likely that if i got it removed tomorrow i would actually be at least 10 pounds lighter and thats me being conservative in my estimation, i believe that it would be more.

My goal is to eventually get the excess skin removed from my stomach, not my arms or legs since i won't be able to afford to get everything done, but i think i can live with not getting those done, but my stomach, my goodness, staring at that is really starting to take a toll on me mentally, not to mention that its been causing me discomfort for a long while now but what does everyone think that the best thing would be for me to do at the point?

submitted by /u/Xandercell83
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/isF4EIv

No comments:

Post a Comment