Monday, December 11, 2023

Excited for your before and after photos?

Is anyone else just SO excited to get to a point where they feel comfortable/ready posting their before and after pics to r/progresspics ?

Even though most comments are the same over and over again, I still really do think the approval and celebration will be very exciting. I might even go to a professional photographer and get all dressed up the day I reach my goal. Naturally those photos wouldn't be shared publicly, but just for my OWN record.

Additionally, how do you personally approach weight loss on your personal social media? (Like your Instagram and Facebook) Are you going to post befores and afters there? Do you simply not acknowledge it? Do you actively discourage discussing the topic?

Personally, I'm not quite sure about what I'll do in my future, because it'll be PRETTY noticeable so I'm not sure if I should discuss the elephant shaped hole in the room. I'll probably have a clearer idea in the future. I do admit, sometimes when I don't have as many chins or my collarbones look nice, I may post that to my personal social media. A while ago, I posted some photos of my holiday and an acquaintance commented "don't gain weight while you're on holiday! πŸ˜‚" (Ironic, because I actually lost 1kg when I got back) Naturally, the second I saw that comment I hid/deleted it because I'm not ready to talk about everything so openly and also because that's not an appropriate comment, I'll eat whatever I want whenever I want ESPECIALLY if im on holiday.

Regardless of anyone else from my real life or on Reddit, I will cherish ALL the photos I have of myself and my journey of getting to my GW. And I hope every single one of you can have enough self love and compassion to love yourself at every size too.

Let me know if any annecdotes or interesting media you would recommend relating to the topic (Social media, weight loss before and after pictures, other people perceiving your weight loss, etc.)

submitted by /u/stabby_coffin_salt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WtQ2A4S

No comments:

Post a Comment