Thursday, December 14, 2023

Severely constipated. Need advice to fix this.

I am having a really embarrassing problem at the moment. I have always had regular bowel movements. I have been in a calorie deficit for 6 weeks now and am currently dealing with severe constipation.

Started 3 weeks ago, EXTREMELY hard stools, which were very difficult and painful to pass. I was passing maybe twice per week. I have bright red blood in my stools, I believe I've actually given myself haemorrhoids from straining so much (can definitely feel one at the opening which was not there before).

I took a laxative for the 1st time in my life on Sunday which gave me uncontrollable diarrhea for 24 hours straight. Extremely painful abdominal cramps and nausea.

I have not pooped since that episode which was 6 DAYS AGO.

Seeking advice please as I am never taking another laxative again (it was awful).

I have increased my water intake, take one magnesium citrate tablet per day (I've been taking this for years). There is more fiber in my diet than there ever has been, I eat plenty of veggies.

I am so scared I'm going to be dealing with extremely hard painful stools again when the time finally does come to go to the toilet.

Please someone tell me, is this common after embarking on a weight loss journey? When I consumed fatty junk food every day I never had any bowel issues...

submitted by /u/Possible-Being-5142
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zh6SfuT

No comments:

Post a Comment