Monday, December 4, 2023

Finally seeing the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel!

So I posted here a while back with some frustrations about my stagnant weight loss.

I was only a month into my new lifestyle (maybe closer to 3 weeks) and was upset that the scale kept going from 207 to 210/211 pounds consistently. I dreaded weighing myself everyday even though I knew that the data would help me keep things consistent and keep me aware of my progress.

I went from a completely sedentary WFH lifestyle to working out almost every day (5-7 days a week).

After that, I went from my starting weight of 212 pounds to 208 pounds.

I started prioritizing protein and veggies in meal (shocker I know!) and made sure to accurately portion my carbs. Some days I ate too much, and that was mostly due to me not tracking properly in MFP. I would either underestimate or overestimate my daily food intake.

After being stuck with 208 for 2 weeks despite my efforts, I decided to up the ante.

I got a digital scale off amazon, started setting step goals (5k-10k minimum per day) and got a indoor treadmill to walk on while I work at my desk. I don't use it as often as I'd like, but I'd say its my go-to when I'm not feeling up to intense HIT or Pilates workouts.

After tracking my calories and food intake diligently while achieving my steps/protein goals I noticed my weight budge from 208 to 207. Now i'm starting month two at 205 pounds!

Now that may seem like a small victory, but as a shorter chubbier woman who struggled with weight loss, body issues, ED, and many other things in life...I feel amazing.

Not only am I happy about the scale progress, most importantly i'm happy to see/feel my progress when it comes to foot posture, strength, and mobility. Before I could barely jump on my feet without my legs being sore and ankles giving out. Now I can do jump squats, burpees, you name it.

I feel strong, and as embarrassing as it is to admit I've cried more than a few times after or during a workout stress. Who knew our bodies stored all that stress and trauma so deeply? I didn't until now.

If you're like me and feeling discouraged, please please please be patient.

Weight loss is not linear, there are no "perfect" diets or anything. It's what works for you.

I know everyone says this, but it's SO true. Adapt, Overcome, and Achieve your goals!

submitted by /u/CatHair4Ever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/s7pGCHB

No comments:

Post a Comment