Wednesday, December 6, 2023

What am I doing wrong?

To start, I’m a female in her 20s with a goal of losing 10lbs. I’m honestly not even too concerned with the weight if I could just lose some stubborn fat. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever weighed, which I realize weight gain is normal part of life and being inactive during college and the drinking obviously didn’t help, but I would just really like to tone up some areas and feel better about my appearance than I do now. I have a decent amount of belly fat and leg fat that has made me pretty selfconscious, and for my petite height I just think that the weight gain isn’t really healthy.

For the past 6 weeks I have been diligent about eating in a calorie deficit, monitoring macros, and completely changing my lifestyle from going on a few walks here and there to actual exercise routines. I have consistently worked out at Orangetheory three days a week, which consists of pretty challenging weight training and HIIT exercises. In addition to these sessions, I have been filling my other days with at least some sort of movement, whether it be hour+ long tennis games with my partner or power walks with my dog in hilly areas. In short, my physical activities have seen a drastic uptake from what I had previously been doing.

As far as food is concerned, I am using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and have calculated a deficit that seems to be right (I used three different websites to get this number and they were all within 50 cal of each other based on my age, weight, and goal weight). I’m not sure if this is where my problem lies, but I am in the deficit five days of the week but on the weekends, while I do not go crazy binge eating and drinking, I do not track what I’m consuming. It is never ridiculously excessive, just maybe dinner out at a restaurant or a seltzer or two with a game on. In addition to monitoring calories, I am making sure to not just eat junk as long as it fits in my calories but have put a large emphasis on increasing my protein and vegetables and just generally eating nutritious, whole foods instead of chips and bread all the time like I used to. If I do drink alcohol during the week, it is always within my calorie limit and not an every night habit.

I realize that weight loss is not an overnight change, but six weeks of this lifestyle yielding no movement on the scale has made me feel pretty discouraged. Am I doing something wrong? I wouldn’t feel so unraveled if I at least saw some fat loss, but I look and feel the exact same. Should I be making more changes? Is there something that I am missing? I am just at a loss, but would really like to start seeking some improvements, even if they were small, to make me feel like I’m not wasting my time. Any advice is so appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read!

submitted by /u/Kallie18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jkft9Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment