Friday, September 28, 2018

Advice for how to keep trying?

Hi all! This is my first Reddit post - apologies if I don't get it quite right! Also, super sorry if I get too long.

I've been struggling with my weight for a few years now. I used to dance professionally, and all the physical activity/having a young metabolism meant I didn't have to worry TOO much about my weight. But about 4 years ago, I had a really bad foot injury that put an end to that level of exertion. After recovering as much as expected (and getting what I considered "fluffy") I did a strict month long workout and healthy food plan, and actually felt really great! I looked and felt better than I ever had. But it was too strict to be sustainable, and eventually I fell off the wagon.

Life happened, and I had a bad bout of mental and physical health. Next thing I knew, I was full on chunky. I was making a big move to a place known for people who like to keep fit, so I tried not to stress too much and figured I'd commit to a plan again once I got there, and find a sustainable balance after I kick-started the weight loss. It's been a year, and five attempts to get back to working out & cutting out the foods I should, and instead I'm up two pant sizes. And today I could barely get those on.

I have no energy, my body hurts, my skin and digestion are so rough, I'm embarrassed to go out besides to work, and I KNOW it's an easy fix! I ought to have the willpower since I've done it once before, but for some reason I just...can't. I'm starting up again today and trying a gradual approach instead of cold turkey. Do you guys have any advice on what might help me in giving this another go?

submitted by /u/babysquidmonster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OjeGvh

No comments:

Post a Comment