Sunday, September 30, 2018

[SV] 30 Pounds, visualized

Because I'm a big-ass nerd (literally, haha!) I really like to track data on things. I've found that even though some people don't work well by it, I really, really need the daily feedback cycle of weighing and calorie counting in order to feel like I'm getting anywhere.

So, I ripped all the data out of MFP and made a graph, because being able to see the story really makes it real for me. https://imgur.com/a/ER0LtO6

Some notes: I used the MFP goal of "2 pounds per week" weight loss, and it gave me a goal of 2270 calories per day, with my overall activity level set to "very low." I realized pretty early on that I would rather be a bit healthier and lose a little bit faster, so I set myself a mental goal of around 1500 calories per day. Some days i've gone lower, but those seem to result in my overeating the next couple days. When I stay consistent at 1500, I really do see solid results, as you can see in the month of September.


methodology:

I use my fitness pal to track calories and create recipes for the salads and other things I've cooked. It works, but there is a lot of incorrect crap to filter out.

I weigh myself in the morning after I get up and use the toilet, but before I shower. I try to weigh daily, but I don't stress if I can't.


Meal tracking: Breakfasts are almost always 2 packets of Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal, for 320 calories. Recently, I've switched to the low-sugar version which cuts it to 240 calories. I'm going to try going down to mixing 1 packet of plain and 1 of the flavored oatmeal soon, which will cut another 40 off the top.

Lunches: Marie Calender and Health Choice have been getting a lot of money from me lately. I know they're higher in sodium than needed, but I really find the convenience of them at work to be worthwhile.

Dinners: Steamed California Blend + 1 cup of Jasmine Rice + 3 oz. of chicken, or a large fresh salad with 1oz of cheese and 1 slice of turkey (chopped up and spread about) with 1 serving of newman's own light balsamic dressing.

I'm also adding a fair amount of hot sauce to things (I'm using Frank's redhot buffalo wing or regular, as neither adds calories and I like both better than straight tabasco).


Social aspects:

I've had to tell my wife to not cook for me at all. She's not willing to lose the weight yet, so while I'm happy providing her with what I prepare, she's always supplementing. However, she's been kind and is MOSTLY keeping the junk food out of the house.

My friends are all supportive, and a bunch of them actually started before me doing the Cray Ray / Penn Gillette crazy potato and whole plants vegan thing. They're having great success, and are supportive of me doing it my way.


Note: I am on a diuretic for blood pressure, even though I am barely into the pre-hypertension category. my boss, who HAS hypertension, tells me he'd be really happy to have blood pressure like mine again.

edited for more details on how I I'm doing things.


I still have a long, LONG way to go. But this is a good start.

submitted by /u/Mzihcs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P262OY

No comments:

Post a Comment