Friday, September 28, 2018

Anxiety and overwhelm when it comes to weight management!

Hi there, lovely people of Loseit.

I was quite struck with the recent post that made the distinction between not knowing how to lose weight and not being about to stick to changes consistently. It really resonated for me as I have lost 10 kg twice in the last two years, only to put it straight back on after stopping the weight loss method I was using (Optifast the first time, Lite N Easy the second time).

I understand all the foundational information about weight loss. CICO, TDEE, macros, etc. What I've realised it that I actually don't know two things. One, how to overhaul my diet in a sustainable way and two, how to make exercise fit into my schedule in a consistent and sustainable way. One thing I do know is that I think almost know too much about diet and weight loss and then become very anxious and overwhelmed by all the choices.

I guess I'm mostly looking for dietary advice first up. What I'd like to do is the following:

  1. Meal prep lunches and dinners (because I work long hours and I detest cooking when I get home)
  2. Simplify meals (less "recipes" and more simple meals that are still satisfying).
  3. Not restrict entire food groups etc (no Paleo, no Keto).

Complicating factors: I'm a 45 year old woman and I have a 15 year old daughter so the meals have to be palatable to her and also nutritionally appropriate. I've tried looking up new recipes but I just overwhelmed by all the choice.

Does anyone have any good strategies that would be happy to share?

submitted by /u/WildUnit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OhrlPz

No comments:

Post a Comment