Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Two years ago, I hit my top weight of 216lbs. Today, I have hit 169 lbs, the lowest weight I have been since elementary school. My journey and before/after inside as well as some drawbacks I did not anticipate.

before/after A little over two years ago, my first child was born. Throughout the pregnancy and into her infant stage, I was eating as though I was the pregnant one. At my peak weight, i hit 215 pounds, I am 5’10, and I was definitely obese.

I finally made a decision to get healthy. I began running. That year, I trained for and ran a marathon and started to lose some of the weight. This summer, I began to experiment with IF. That is when the weight really fell off. In about two months, I went from around 185 to my current weight of 168, the lowest weight I’ve ever been in my semi-adult life.

I am a teacher, and so a majority of people don’t see me over the summer months. Coming back to work was fairly jarring. Every person I encountered remarked on my weight loss, which at first was really weird for me, as I’ve been on the heavier side for most of my adult life. People were definitely kind, and encouraging, but some of my closer friends began making “make a wish kid” comments, or, you look sickly type remarks. I feel like more people tell me I’m looking sickly than looking good, which is sort of defeating in different ways.

I’ve literally NEVER been called skinny, and for the first time ever, I am. I thought it would feel a little better, but it almost feels like a jab. I can’t tell if it’s jealousy or genuine concern. Or if the IF weight loss was so quick that it’s jarring for people.

Another problem was my clothing. Seemingly overnight, ALL of my clothing became too big for me. This caused a totally different type of self consciousness that I was not prepared for. Now I am in the process of buying new clothes, but it’s sort of expensive and as a teacher with two kids, a wife, and expenses, it’s a slow process.

Overall, I feel really successful and happy about my results, but I almost feel guilty losing the weight. I feel like it makes those close to me feel self conscious in their own bodies.

Have you all felt that way before?

Just thought I’d share my story! Looking for some good conversation! If you want any details to my tactics, I’d be happy to share!

submitted by /u/Tadpoles_Seem_Weird
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QbrdOz

No comments:

Post a Comment