Friday, September 28, 2018

Chances of a woman classified as 'obese' or 'overweight' reaching a 'normal' weight it only 0.8%?

Feeling really stressed about my weight lately. I started my weight loss journey three years ago. I was 205, and managed to get to 155. I stayed there for a while. I've gained back. I hover around 175 now. It kills me to know I've undone some of my progress....but I haven't been able to get back to what I was doing before. Logging my food, exercising....it all worked. But I can't get BACK there. And it makes me afraid I never will and that losing weight is impossible. I came across a scientific journal article that said what the above title states....the chances of an overweight woman ever reaching a normal size is only .8%, because of the body violently protesting against it. Basically it claimed that losing weight would trigger hunger hormones and slow down your metabolism. I've always told myself not to listen to this stuff. But it makes me scared I'll NEVER hit my goal weight. I'll never even get back to 155. Super bummed today.

Any advice on how to START back up after failing for a looooong time?

submitted by /u/weddingthrowaway1019
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xLnyQN

No comments:

Post a Comment