Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Finally confident enough to share my progress!

Back in March I began my weight loss journey. I’ve never actively tried to lose weight but after having my daughter in 2015 my body changed so much that it was hard to be comfortable in my own skin. The stretch marks, squishy belly, and of course, adjusting to motherhood.

Comparison photo

The left was in January of this year. I was 165. The heaviest I’ve ever been aside from when I was 9 months pregnant. I had been taking a medication for my GAD and diagnosed phobia which I have dealt with for over 20 years but postpartum and beyond mental illness has really kicked my ass. It was the first medication out of many that actually worked for me. The big problem with it though was that it made me gain 30-ish pounds, and when you’re 5’3” with my build I swear every pound is noticeable. 😅 so after a year of taking it and it not being as effective as it once was, I decided things needed to change.

I followed a very strict weaning schedule to ensure I didn’t have any extra issues on top of adjusting to life without the medication. I also decided that it was time to start watch what I was eating. I purchased a Bluetooth scale, a Fitbit and a smoothie blender. Proud moment for me because I have always just eaten whatever I wanted.

Progress has been slow but steady. I don’t have and exciting tips or tricks for my progress because I don’t work out [believe me I tried but I just can’t get into a groove, thanks to anxiety] but I loosely follow CICO [and the Lose It! app had been amazing for that] and eat about 1200-1400 calories a day. I make sure to drink a 25 ounce fruit smoothie everyday and eat a ton of fresh veggies with dinner at night. I still indulge on some junk food here and there but keep it within my calorie budget. My step goal for each day is only set to 5,500 to be realistic for my more sedentary lifestyle.

Before I started this, I truly believed that I wouldn’t get anywhere with it. Especially since I suck at trying to get motivated to exercise. But things are working! Probably slower than normal from not being as active as most, but I’m stoked that eating healthier and counting calories has helped me lose 32 pounds!

Thanks for reading, I am always so inspired by this sub and love reading all of your stories. This is an amazing group. 🖤

submitted by /u/AlexisAcula
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N2zlPr

No comments:

Post a Comment