Saturday, September 29, 2018

[NSV] Tricked the guy who owns my gym into thinking I was cheating on him!

Since starting CICO in March, I've also been going to a small local gym and doing HIIT/boot camp classes 3x a week. Around the end of July, got busy/lazy and stopped going to the gym entirely. Since it's a small community, the guy who runs the gym would text me every now and then saying "where are you, we miss you!" So finally this morning I went back for a class.

I've lost at least 10 pounds since I was last in, just on pure CICO. When I came in, the owner made a big fuss about me being back, and then he looked at me kind of suspiciously and said, "your arms are so toned, what have you been doing while you were out?"

Laying on my couch and eating at a reasonable deficit, my dude! Through the magic of CICO, a layer of fat came off my arms, and I convinced a fitness professional that I was working out with someone else for two months.

And just in case it's helpful to others, I wanted to outline what exercise has and hasn't done for me this year:

✓ Help my mental and emotional well-being. I have a stressful job and tend toward depression, exercise helps a ton to manage these.

✓ That self-care glow. I'm overcome with a glowing sense of well-being when I get home from the gym. I like this feeling much better than the actual working out, and I do a lot to capitalize on it, like getting fancy bath oils for my post-workout shower and investing in luxurious lounge clothes.

✓ Love my noob gains. You're not going to get ripped working out on a deficit, but it feels awesome to do regular life stuff like running to catch the bus without getting out of breath, or throwing your suitcase in the overhead bin like it's nothing.

✓ Reminder that food is fuel. I probably enjoy restricting calories a little too much, but I hate feeling weak and slow at the gym if I haven't eaten enough to fuel myself.

✘ Weight loss. I have a sedentary office job and even though HIIT is an ass-kicking, the couple hours I do it a week are a tiny fraction of my time and not enough to change my TDEE significantly. As my experience today shows, CICO alone is enough for weight loss.

Love to everyone out there doing the deal today!

submitted by /u/egtved_girl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OnjPCH

No comments:

Post a Comment