Saturday, September 29, 2018

[NSV/SV] I have done IF (intermittent fasting) for two weeks now and lost 8lb!

This is a repost with some extra information as my previous post didn't meet the subs requirements.

I posted a week or so ago saying I was trying out IF. I've managed to carry on doing it this week, mostly eating between 12-8pm this time around. One day I ate 2000 calories as I went out for dinner and had some fries, but I overestimated it to be safe. I weighed in at 202.8lbs this morning, a loss of 8lb in two weeks!

This is a big deal for me because I struggle so much with compulsive eating and emotional eating, the hardest part has been on some days where I feel a bit hungry before dinnertime, but overall it's going well. I'm averaging between 1300-1600 calories a day, except for last Thursday. I've had pizza, fries, gin, chocolate and crisps in my CICO allowance throughout the week. I'll see how much I weigh next week!

Auto Mod says I haven't included enough details, so here is a little more: I have struggled with my weight my whole life, as well as my mental health. I started on antidepressants a few months back and a side effect is weight gain due to increased appetite, and I have been feeling super hungry. I put on 12lbs over summer, partly due to lack of routine, the tablets and trying to enjoy myself but ending up overeating. I've tried slimming groups and CICO in the past. I love CICO and use MFP daily, but I found it too hard to stick to a calorie limit daily. I always eat loads at night and I started to obsess about it. I realised rather than making myself miserable about this, and sticking inconsistently to an allowance in the evening, I would try eating less in the day and do IF. I normally have a few black coffees in the morning followed by some fruit and a soup or small pasta for dinner, then a big tea in the evening with a treat like a low calorie ice cream or hot chocolate with squirty cream. I've found I actually want to eat less at night, and my energy levels are better throughout the day. I also feel less guilty all the time, and I am making better choices for meals, with the exception of a few treats.

I have stopped going to the gym at the minute, when I first started taking my meds I feel really low. Add to this I have been away a fair bit in Summer I just got out of routine of exercising. At the minute, I know I should exercise mostly for mental well being but I just can't face it, my anxiety is quite bad. I feel good about my diet and this probably needed more attention than me just going to the gym and binging like before. I intend to start going in the next few weeks once I've fully sorted my eating routine out. So thus far the weight loss is purely down to dietary adjustments.

Tips for anyone who is anything like me:

• Low calorie ice cream really helps a sweet tooth. Breyers is my favourite, and Oppo chocolate and hazelnut- I just refuse to pay £5 for it! Breyers is frequently on offer in Asda (UK) for £2.50-£3 a tub and the mint choc chip is great.

• Do not drink your calories, it's a total waste. I always have diet fizzy drinks, fizzy water, black coffee, fruity herbal teas, sugar-free cordials. If I really want milk in coffee, I have just a splash and top up with cold water, or almond milk. Cinnamon is nice in coffee instead of sugar. If you do drink, have only a few, or light beers are alright. I like shandy- half a pint of beer mixed with half a pint of low calorie lemonade, it's super refreshing. Also spirits and diet mixers. In the UK our measure is 25ml for a single, so a gin and slimline tonic with loads of fruit and ice is about 55-60 calories. There are flavoured gins now too which aren't liquers so it shouldn't bump up the calories.

• Plan your meals a bit- even if it's just thinking about the day ahead. I don't plan long term, unless my SO wants to eat something on a date night, then I just work around it. Today I've had a small wrap and a cup soup (like a 50 cal soup in a sachet), because I know I am going to a veggie Indian restaurant for my dinner later.

• Routine helps so much. Someone on here once said they had the same damn meal every dinner time at work- beans, rice, tuna. It is mundane and boring but there was little risk, and they always had a supply in the cupboard. I usually have sachet pastas (180-250cals depending on flavour) and some clementines. I have enough for the week sat in my desk at work, and it takes very little time to prepare! No risk of needing to pop to the canteen if they are already there either. You can have different meals at teatime, keep routine as much as you can.

• Yoghurts are a lovely treat- find a flavour or brand you really like. I like the weight watchers cherry yoghurts for about 50 cals a pot, but I know sweetener in yoghurt isn't for everyone.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/tanvscullen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NN60ho

No comments:

Post a Comment