Thursday, September 27, 2018

Can even gentle exercise cause the scale to stall/small gains?

So I've been doing pretty well since starting this round of weight loss (serial dieters unite!) and am comfortable with my IF window and macros, aiming for a 1200-1400 calorie goal (though usually closer to 13/1400) at 5'6. I'm only around two months in, so it seems a bit early for a plateau, but for some reason the scale has been a bit wobbly the last two weeks and after 9 days of stagnation I'm seeing a very slow but consistent increase (0.1-0.2 lbs a day).

I'll admit, I totally panicked and re-weighed myself on the big scale, then everything I could in the kitchen (on food scales obvs) to make sure I wasn't just sucking at maths, but as far as I can tell my food is genuinely coming in at the deficit I thought (I checked the battery on my food scale too!). So I've been wracking my brain, and the only thing that's changed is that I've gone from super sedentary (hurt my leg so was doing ALL the sitting) to walking 5-7000 steps a day for rehab. Is it possible that the walking has shocked my body enough that it's doing something weird, or am I just freaking out at my first plateau?

I know this is probably a silly post, but it is honestly the first time I have been able to consistently improve my diet without doing some wretched faddy starvation exercise in over a decade, so the fear of fucking up/it not working for some reason is real!

submitted by /u/CurseYourWeakBiscuit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xHVJc5

No comments:

Post a Comment