Wednesday, September 26, 2018

How I’m motivating myself to do anything else besides watch TV

For the past few weeks, I have been in a depressive lull. I made the commitment to lose 40 lbs, and started off really great by dropping 10 lbs and a pant size in just two weeks! But after one small set back, I quickly fell into old habits.

While talking with my therapist this week, I explained my addiction to TV/streaming shows. Once I start watching, it is INCREDIBLY difficult to get myself off of the couch, and I end up binge watching The Office until I fall asleep. My therapist asked me what would be better than watching TV, and I explained “literally, anything”. I have been contemplating cancelling cable, and throwing out my chrome cast... but these seemed too extreme, and too difficult if I were to have guests over. Instead, I came up with a simple solution that will motivate me to do “literally anything” else. I covered up my TV with pieces paper and wrote lists of anything else I could be doing, rather than watching TV. It’s a nuisance to take all of the paper off of the screen just to watch a few minutes of a show- but it’s not so permanent that I can’t take the paper off when people come over to watch football.

So far, it has given me the motivation that I need to get things done around the house and to be more active. I have so much more time to focus on my healthy habits so I can get back on track with my weight loss!

submitted by /u/LaryngopharyngealVow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NLnjj2

No comments:

Post a Comment