Friday, September 28, 2018

Happy but self conscious rant

I feel good and happy about my weight loss. I mostly have a healthy relationship with my body and with food. I'm just an introvert who really really really doesn't like attention or focus on me as it relates to my appearance. I purposely dress down/ don't wear makeup/ don't wear super trendy clothes/ wear looser fitting clothing, because I hate feeling ostentatious. I kind of hide my weight loss, so I don't get attention. It makes me uncomfortable when (esp.) women comment on my loss, since everything seems to be a comparison game. Also, I know my younger sister feels very self conscious, and by being my new size, she compares and feels bad. She is taller than me, and larger but not unhealthily so. I have a lower healthy bmi and she's a higher healthy/normal one. Same thing with my sweet, kind, trendy, makeup savvy sister in law.

Does anyone else hide or play down weight loss, so as to not get attention, or to avoid hurting those close to you who are sensitive to that kind of thing?

TL;DR - I downplay my looks to spare others' feelings and to avoid attention.

submitted by /u/MelonLord6464
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ir4lbl

No comments:

Post a Comment