Sunday, September 30, 2018

When should I tell a potential partner about weight loss/loose skin?

Loose skin

I posted about my loose skin situation the other day.

So I am a 27 year old 171cm (5" 7') tall female. I currently weigh 62kgs (137lbs). I had been overweight through most of my adolescence but through various periods of time within the last 2 years have gone from my heaviest recorded weight of 97kgs (214lbs) to my current weight. I want to lose another 8kgs (18lbs) to get to my goal weight.

I have some insecurities with loose and flabby skin. The flab on my arms and thighs do not bother me that much, but my stomach area is a real issue. I can cover up the pooch with high-waisted underwear. (see pics attached)The photos I uploaded are actually really flattering to how it looks in real life. While I do not have a severe amount of loose skin it is still enough to bother me and it is a lot more obvious when I bend over or lie down.

It was probably a bad decision to try online dating again before being fully confident in my own body but at the time I was in a body positive mood and honestly wasn't looking for anything serious or long-term so I didn't care that much since I wouldn't see the guy again.

I have been talking to a guy for about 3 weeks now.He has wanted to meet up since day 1 but I have deflected every advance.He is a really nice guy and we have been chatting for hours every day.I have avoided meeting him because of my insecurities about my body.I never knew the right time to bring up my weight loss story and as time went on it got harder and harder, especially when he mentioned he's really into fitness. Once he mentioned he was working out extra hard to be in "top physical condition" for me and that just made me even more hesitant to bring up my issue.

I cannot make up excuses anymore to not see him, it's not fair on him, and while I know he is a really nice and compassionate guy, I can't help but feel that revealing my story and my body to him is going to make him run in the other direction and accuse me of cat-fishing (which is what I feel like I've done).

I know I have to bring it up now but I don't know how, and even though I am the only person to blame for getting myself in this position, I am so afraid of rejection.

Any suggestions/advice or similar stories would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/negan-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QjUNBw

No comments:

Post a Comment