Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I achieved my greatest NSV yet today. Details inside.

In the month of September I have lost zero pounds. Honestly, that’s fine. I live in the Middle East and caught a local parasite last month that brought my weight down 7 pounds in 30 days (extremely fast for me) and I’ve stayed around there or a few pounds above since I’ve been recovering. It’s also the Jewish holidays, so food and alcohol have been abundant. That’s fine! The weight loss will come in time.

Even though I haven’t lost any weight this month, I did achieve my greatest NSV to date: I spent an entire day exercising like crazy, and I’m not tired. I’m laying in bed and yeah, I guess I’m sleepy, but I’m not exhausted to my bones, I-just-have-to-sleep-all-day tired. In fact, I really don’t feel like I’ve particularly exerted myself. I just lived my life.

But the truth is? I TOTALLY exerted myself today. So much, in fact, that I DOUBLED my sedentary TDEE! I crushed my active calorie record by 400 calories. I took 33k steps. I partied, and hiked, and danced, and walked, and the only proof physically is a blister on my big toe.

A few months ago this wouldn’t have been the case. Two years ago you couldn’t have even gotten me to do more than one of these things. But now, as I approach the end of my weight loss (last 11 or 12 pounds!) I can see just how far I’ve come. And damn, it’s amazing. And I’m proud. And I needed to share because this can and will be you, too.

submitted by /u/kjacmuse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NHCsBO

No comments:

Post a Comment