Friday, September 28, 2018

Crossed into a realm I forethought would be unobtainable

I was 273 lbs at my heaviest as a junior in high school. I guess I really didn't realize the extent to how fat I was, but I was massive and looking at old pictures of myself is tough sometimes. I got to college last year as a freshman, and over the course of the year a lack of good food on campus lead to slight weight loss - something I mostly disregarded because I was still eating unhealthy foods, not exercising, and smoking weed all day.

I came home last February after a hospital bout with mono. Was home for about 2 1/2 weeks and over that course of time lost 20 lbs due to how sick I was. It was at this time I truly realized how good it felt to shed weight, despite being so sick - I felt lighter, more confident, and looked better in the mirror. It wasn't until summer when I finally began grinding, but this feeling is what sparked me to truly go out and get it.

I signed up for a gym membership in July and went 5-6x a week, typically running 1.5-2 miles/day and biking 4-6 miles/day on the elliptical. That full workout would burn 300-500 calories a day, on top of a (mostly) strict calories deficit diet where I'd usually eat no more than once a day. Through this grind period over the summer I saw my weight rapidly decrease from 230, to 225, to 215... and so on. After getting back to school for my sophomore year, my gym grind has mostly stopped but I have instead embraced the keto diet.

Through a medley of exercise, keto, OMAD, and extreme calorie deficit, for the first time since I was in 8th grade there is a 1 in front of my weight. I weighed myself at 199.0 lbs this morning. I still haven't reached my goal of 185 - but this is a massive milestone for me.

Never going back. I promise to you - for everyone who lurks through this sub thinking "i'm going to be obese for the rest of my life", it's so much more possible to lose weight than you think.

submitted by /u/doughboyyyyyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OVwee1

No comments:

Post a Comment