Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I still don't know how to get out of my binge eating mindset, even as I've found ways to manage it in the short term.

As I've settled into my weight loss journey, I've accepted that I have a binge eating problem and have found ways to deal with it on the day-to-day. This primarily means that I keep a lot of my food at work, including individually packaged breakfasts (single serving oatmeal, packaged rice cakes, a single avocado or small frozen breakfast sandwiches) and buying lunches one at a time at work or on my way at the store. I keep very little food at home, and just tend to eat bags of steamed frozen veggies or rice cakes with PB2 for dinner. Through it all, the desire to binge is still there– even with the often mediocre food I'm allowing myself. For example, late at night the other day, I ate 8 plain rice cakes. They weren't very good, and I wasn't hungry– I just caved.
For this reason, I struggle with many of the recipes and things I see in subs like r/1200isplenty. Like these brownies that have been making the rounds– I literally can't imagine making them and portioning them out in a reasonable way. How do you not eat the entire pan after you make them? I certainly couldn't.
I guess this is just a rant to say that even as I approach my goal weight, I don't know how to fix this way of thinking. (Before therapy is suggested as an option, I definitely do not have the budget for it, though someday I hope to!) I suppose realizing it's an issue is the first step.

submitted by /u/_LadyBird_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NARk4V

No comments:

Post a Comment