Sunday, September 30, 2018

Need advice on continuing weight loss

I am 5'3" currently 195lbs (lost 25).

There's a lot of conflicting information online, and I'm hoping to have a few questions answered:

The more weight I lose, the slower my metabolism will be; so I should increase my muscle mass to combat it. If this is true, I've been doing weights as I do my normal workouts, but will I have to continually increase the weights to match my previous weight? Should I be adding 25lbs to my lunges, etc so that I get the same burn and increase muscle that way?

My caloric intake to lose weight should be (weight x 11) - 600 to lose weight. That would mean my caloric intake is 1545. I used to be very stagnant. I wouldn't exercise; I would sit on the couch while my children played independently, then at night when everyone was in bed, I'd lay on the couch and watch Netflix for a couple of hours and then go to bed. Now that I'm exercising at least 30 minutes at the end of the day, should I continue to strive for 1545, or would that be severely under-eating if my calories burned are over 600 calories a day?

You should exercise early in the morning to help boost metabolism. Unfortunately I am not an early riser. I have a 10mo baby that still wakes and nurses through the night, and I just do not have the energy or motivation to work out so early in the mornings. I normally work out at 2100-2200 after all daily chores are done, and my children are all in bed. Am I sabotaging myself, and should I just suck it up and work out in the morning?

You should raise your heart rate for at least 20 minutes a day. Currently, I stay on the elliptical for at least 30 minutes daily. I haven't really planned a rest day unless I'm visiting family as they don't have an elliptical, and I prefer the elliptical since they're easier on my knees. I was under the impression that cardio should be a daily thing, but that rest days are often best for weight training. Should I do a cardio rest day as well, or am I slowing my progress?

submitted by /u/Emusigna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DJkjif

No comments:

Post a Comment