Sunday, September 30, 2018

Question about balancing weight-loss with muscle-gain and working out in general.

I am trying to lose about 17 lbs to go from 132 lbs to 115 lbs (I am 5’ 0” tall). But I am also actively trying to gain more muscle by adding a fair amount of strength training. This is in addition to doing running (slow running, 12 minute mile so 5 mph to build endurance for even more complex hiking —> see below)

I just returned from hiking the Inca Trail and I can feel hard muscles at the beginning of my thighs just above my knees where I used to feel nothing but blubber before.

I genuinely do not know the correct balance of eating and working out. I felt dizzy yesterday towards the end of a tabata workout because my body probably ran out of carbs and felt quickly better after eating a small macaron. But, if I don’t eat at a deficit, I won’t lose weight. What do I do? 🤷‍♀️ I am short, so my calorie leeway is very small. I have been trying to eat 1200 kcal/day.

I would very much appreciate advice, tips, suggestions from all you people. I feel I should not have to forego either weight loss or muscle gain. But can both even happen at the same time?

submitted by /u/the_efficient_baxter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QiymNq

No comments:

Post a Comment