Saturday, September 29, 2018

Determining calories for weight loss

Just want to pick y'all's brains on this one. Different sources are giving me drastically different recommendations for how many calories I should be consuming to have a 1-2lb weight loss per week.

Apps like Lifesum recommend as many as 1700 calories.

The calorie calculator from this sub recommends about 1400 calories.

And then I was recently part of a research study which also took body fat % and BMR into consideration (they did a test to measure, not sure exactly how, but you just laid under this hood thing for like 20 minutes). I was working with a registered dietitian. She recommended 1100 calories per day.

Right now I'm thinking of going with the 1400 recommended by the calculator since it falls in the middle of the road and seems sustainable while not allowing me to overeat. 1700 sounds like way too much, and 1100 sounds like way too little (and was setting me up for failure, it felt like).

25 year old female, CW 190lb, 5ft 6in, sedentary lifestyle, GW 140lb

What are your thoughts/recommendations?

submitted by /u/purple-otter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R9aHQH

No comments:

Post a Comment