Friday, September 28, 2018

Perception VS Reality in the mirror post weight loss

Hi there,

So long story short Ive lost about 160LB (yay me). Ive gone from 50' waist to a 36. 3XLT/4XL to a LT (im 6'5) and so obviously I know i have lost a significant amount of weight. Everytime I run into someone who I havent seen in a while, the most common reaction is "holy shit, you look amazing". Ive also become an inspiration to many friends who have been looking to shed a few pounds which feels kind of cool to be the unhealthy one to the healthy one. Ive also noticed on the street more ladies smiling and being more approachable (which I dont mind at all). I also for the most part escaped the dreaded loose skin. I have a bit, but I dont look like an action figure that had been melted.

Here's the thing...

Since ive lost all this weight, I generally find myself not noticing the change in the mirror. Its weird. I notice a weight loss for sure. When I put on my old fat jeans that now feel like clown pants, its surreal to say the least. However, I just cant believe ive lost this weight. Ive gone from 386 to 226/227 and am super proud of every pound lost. My energy is way up and my gym game is solid, but I still feel like the fat guy. I know im not and ive actually become to be one of the lighter / in the middle range of my social circle, but Im really struggling to mentally correlate that I am not longer that 386 pound guy. Is this normal? Does it pass? For what its worth, it has helped me keep my diet in check, but I find I have this mental block and in a weird way a visual block. I see myself in the mirror and no im skinnier, but not 160LBS skinnier.

TLDR: Used to be really big, now not so much, but still feel like I am

submitted by /u/OttawaBigGuy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qepb06

No comments:

Post a Comment