Saturday, September 29, 2018

After I started losing weight again, my friend told me I look heavier than I weight

So I started losing weight when I reached 200 pounds on February 21st 2016. I went down to 170-175 in about six months and then maintained for over a year, even though I wanted to keep losing, because I was just not feeling ready to keep going.

I am now back on track since the middle of august and now I weight 165, with a goal weight of 150 (~23.5 bmi). That has made me very happy, since I am finally so close to my goal weight, that I've been wanting for years.

The other day I was talking with my best friend, who is extremely supportive of my weight loss and is an amazing friend in general. She has also lost a lot of weight too and really understands what I've been through and is always very sensitive about the whole issue.

But this time, unbeknownst to her, she said something that hurt me. We were talking about how much she can eat, and that people never believe her, because she is a very skinny, short girl. And then I told her not to worry, because people don't believe me either, even though I am not skinny.

I think she sort of misheard me (there was loud music) because she answered "well I mean, you kinda look like what you weight, but now that I'm thinking about it, since you are tall (I am 5'7) you look like you would be a little heavier than you actually are".

She obviously didn't say that to hurt me and I really do think that's her honest opinion. It just hurt me a bit, especially since I have been trying so hard lately and I am so close to my goal weight. I feel like I will always look a bit chubby no matter what. Of course this hasn't halted my progress, I've been doing this for a very long time and know how to handle this kind of feelings. But it still hurts.

I don't really want to have a conversation about it, since I know she would just stop telling me her real thoughts and I am not angry that she thinks that, I just wish that she didn't if that makes any sense. Anyone can relate?

submitted by /u/uniqueeleni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zEDbuR

No comments:

Post a Comment