Friday, October 19, 2018

Ladies: has anyone experienced a HEAVIER period as they’ve lost weight?

Hello, I’m a somewhat frequent poster on here (not so much recently) so I’m using a throwaway account as I don’t want this associated with my main account.

I’m 22-years-old, 5’10”, and hovering right about 160 pounds. A majority of my weight loss happened from 2016-2017, and has been fairly stable 2017-2018. Although I do still want to lose some weight, I haven’t been in the position to continue, I’ve rather focused my energy on maintaining for now.

Lately, my periods have become ruthless. They were heavy when I was heavier, but now that I’m a healthy BMI, they’re hard to manage.

I’ve always heard that weight loss and returning to a healthy BMI would help to 1) regulate them, and 2) make them lighter. I’ve experienced quite the opposite.

I’m assuming it has to do with hormones, but I can’t find any solid evidence. Has anyone experienced similar?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/gynquestion2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q3EWw4

No comments:

Post a Comment