Saturday, October 6, 2018

NSV - Who knew clothes shopping could actually be fun.

Hey fellow losers, I don't post often but I wanted to chime in with a NSV because the end goal is not the only achivement that should be celebrated.

The journey is equally as important as the destination as the wise interwebs has taught me.

As of 4 days ago, I was approaching a fourth week of a plateau. All thoughts were running through my mind and not to mention unwanted opinions of those around me.

"Your body can't handle any more weight loss. "

"You look fine now, you're turning anorexic."

"This is the weight you should be at."

The last one annoyed me as it's these kinds of comments that allowed me to be complacent and a tad delusional in the first place.

However I am happy to report that after reading some hard truths (from fellow redditors of course), that I have tightened my calories once again and am back on track. Despite this, I was still feeling somewhat disappointed at myself for allowing this plateau to happen in the first place. My mother, who is my number one fan, suggested I go clothes shopping with her. I generally hate shopping. I'm an in and out kind of girl and I had already decided to clothes shop after I reached my GW.

Let's just say that my in and out turned into a 4 hour shopping trip and while my wallet is looking a little sad, my confidence is shooting through the roof ATM.

I highly encourage window shopping as an ego booster. Sometimes it can be hard to see the losses in the mirror or on the scale but remember that your body is no longer the body it was when you started this journey.

Embrace the changes and remember that you don't need to be scared of the numbers on your scale but don't let it be the only number you rely on to tell your story. The numbers on your clothes size and the numbers on the measuring tape are just as important on this journey of yours.

submitted by /u/averagedee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yfjTdq

No comments:

Post a Comment