Tuesday, April 2, 2019

I [F/24/145lbs] really can't seem to lose weight!

Background:

I'm about 5'6.5 and have generally been pretty slim for the majority of my life due to being a child athlete. I was a competitive figure skater (very, VERY in shape) for about 10 years up until I was 13, and still stayed very thin up until 18 (not sure why, maybe due to habits, metabolism, or simply just because I was a teenager). I included the fact that I was an athlete because I've heard that if your body has a history of exercise, it sort of "remembers" what it's like to get fit and does so more easily (I'm not sure how credible that is- I highly doubt that's a solid case but whatever)? Anyway, I went to college, went wild with food, and went from 110lbs to 155 lbs within 2 years. Got back down to 130, and stayed there pretty comfortably until last year. Then, I've found myself back up to 150, and now 145lbs. I have on and off anemia as well as a vitamin D deficiency.

​

Habits:

I admit I've been very stagnant for the past year. Got myself two part-time desk jobs. One of them I work from home. I basically have only been moving to go downstairs to eat or walking to my car. As for my eating habits, I still have the habit of eating 1, sometimes 2, meals a day that carried over from college. However, that never seemed to bother me much and I know that intermittent fasting is a thing? I don't drink sodas or juices, nor do I eat lots of junk food. I don't eat a lot of vegetables though lol. At home we eat a lot of chicken and fish. Occasionally we get lazy and go for pasta or rice. I know "carbs are the enemy" but I really feel like we don't eat enough to make a drastic difference? Maybe a cup of rice once a week! I absolutely don't get enough sleep.

​

Recent Changes:

From last December to this February, I started jogging on the treadmill every other day. I'd put it on a 5.0 incline and walk half of a lap at 2.5 speed and jog the other half at 5.0 speed. I'd do that for maybe an hour. However, I was really frustrated to see that nothing was changing! I completely understand that weight loss is a journey and there are no quick fixes or overnight miracles, but I was doing this every other day for 3 months! I expected, I don't know, SOMETHING to happen? My weight didn't change, nor did my measurements or "jigglyness". It was really discouraging. Then I got really sick and basically couldn't run for all of March. I'm trying to get back to it now. In addition, I have been doing some blogilates full body workouts here and there in a feeble attempt to keep the cardio from eating what little muscle I still have left.

My dad got on this calorie counting kick about a month ago. I've been tagging along, just not as seriously. I don't really snack throughout the day so I just count main meals. I only counted religiously for one week, and from that I think I stayed on average at 1600-1800 cal per day, 2000 on special occasions? I know a lot of people say that's low, but I don't recall eating less than usual that week. Would it count as starving/ going into starvation mode if that's what my body has been used to? Just a note: I started calorie counting during March when I wasn't jogging. We typically try to stay at 2000 or below. And even though dad has lost 10 lbs, I have yet again seen no change. I think I expected to lose weight counting calories because I'd stay under 2000 calories, but from what I'm seeing, what I'm used to eating has actually been under 2000 all along.

​

Basically, I'm not sure what to do! I'm afraid that cutting more calories off a 1600-1800 cal diet would make me tired and dizzy (I'm already anemic and vitamin D deficient!), and exercising doesn't seem to be making a difference. Because I've been so sedentary over the past year, I really thought that these changes (even though they aren't horribly drastic) would have at least done something, you know? A pound or two... I really want to get back to 130lbs. I was very happy there. What do you think I can do to drop these 15lbs?

submitted by /u/SweatyAssumption
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UfXmvf

No comments:

Post a Comment