Monday, April 1, 2019

-meta- A /r/loseit Habit that Helps Us Help Everyone

When I wake, I have this routine that I follow...

  • I weigh after using the toilet and before dressing
  • I start the coffee
  • I log my weight so I don't forget
  • I hop online and upvote these daily /r/loseit posts...
    • 24-Hour Pledge - The Plan for Today!
    • (whatever today's weekly post is) such as Motivation Monday. Get and give motivation for yourself or others.
    • [Daily Directory] Find your quests for the day here!
    • Daily Q&A Post for Monday - No question too small!
    • SV/NSV Feats of the Day: Today, I conquered!
    • Day 1? Starting your weight loss journey? Start here!
    • the daily challenge posts

I upvote these posts because they're inherently useful and I want the newbies to find them on or near the front page. Not only do they help the newbies find and support one another, the posts themselves answer most of the situations that we face

  • the 24-hour pledge is a great way to pre-plan your day
  • the Q&A Post is a great way to unload a question that's churning in your brain
  • the Day 1 Post not only is a great place to post that introduction and your intention to lose weight, the post itself has great advice to think about when starting. This auto-post alone has made it to the front page of Reddit and /r/all several times. It's that good!
  • writing in the SV/NSV post is like writing a "thank you" note to yourself, and a good example to others who may be hating themselves and showing them how to appreciate themselves and their efforts

These posts also serve to make the solo self-posts better. If the thousands of people that read /r/loseit posted every day (which would be great), we want them to see great solo self-posts and to cut through the noise, we'd need the daily "I will skip a second hamburger, Is one hamburger okay, I totally skipped the hamburgers" posts to stick to the daily community posts.

Help out other readers. Help them keep to /r/loseit's culture. Help them find the useful posts by upvoting the posts you think others would find useful.

Make it your daily habit, too. Upvoting the valuable, useful posts is reddit and /r/loseit culture.

♂55 5'11/179㎝ SW:298℔/135㎏ CW:183℔/83㎏ [3Y AMA], [1Y recap] Journaling+🚶🏋+TOPS

submitted by /u/funchords
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CQJlsZ

No comments:

Post a Comment