Monday, April 8, 2019

My experience cruising after losing 52 pounds.

I just got back home a few days ago from a week long Caribbean cruise and thought my observations might be helpful for those of you on a weight loss journey with upcoming travel. I decided to go for the “it’s one week, just enjoy your damn trip” approach after much apprehension about losing hard earned weight loss progress. I am half way to my goal weight and was worried about getting derailed. The first day of the cruise my husband watched appalled as I made a bee line for the desserts buffet full of cakes with beautifully piped icing and layers of butter creams, coconut, jams, ganache, etc. I’m a reformed sugar addict and it was like diving into a swimming pool full of cocaine. I came back to our little booth overlooking the pier where we were sitting awaiting access to our room and for the ship to take off. I had a small slice of funfetti cheesecake and a small slice of peanut butter s’mores cake in front of me. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and lifted my fork to my mouth—annnnd wow. Not good wow. All I could taste was sweet blandness. Zero flavor. Not worth the calories. My mother in law polished off the rest while I grabbed some broiled fish tacos covered in salsa and a black coffee to wake me up from the long drive from Dallas. Did I indulge in anything? You bet your little buttcheeks I did! Creamy gruyere chicken soup, lobster roll, a greasy poolside burger after swimming all day in the ocean, a few beach margaritas and tequila shots at the all inclusive beach in Yucatán. It’s vacation! Live a little. I was relaxed and fun with my kids and am coming back with loads of photos and memories. Being slimmer meant being comfortable in my skin to be in a bathing suit and swim with my kids instead of sitting on the sidelines. I had the energy to keep my kids safe, to lift my baby on one hip while holding my 3 year olds hand and having a heavy backpack on as I navigated the busy ports. This would not have been possible 52 pounds ago. I came back 2 pounds heavier. But today I’m working out, I’m eating lean chicken and fresh veggies, and a watermelon kombucha as a treat. I’m back on track and it was totally worth it.

submitted by /u/frenchpressmess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2G8wPHk

No comments:

Post a Comment