Saturday, April 6, 2019

“Time will pass any way” - reminder for everyone with a big goal or slow weight loss

I was feeling kind of down about slow weight loss and how much longer it will take me to hit my goals when I remembered this phrase - “time will pass any way”. Basically, if you’re alive a year or two will go by no matter what whether or not you lose that weight. So why not lose the weight? Maybe I won’t hit all my goals as fast as I want, but I’m still making progress.

I didn’t have to buy new bigger clothes, which was slowly happening. Now I even have some clothes that are too big! I’m a year and three months into my weight loss journey and I’ve lost about 25 pounds. Even if I’m not in the healthy BMI range yet, my joints are happier, I look better and my clothes do too. I could be the same age but not have lost that weight.

So whether you have a big goal or just are disappointed that you’re not keeping up with some of the amazing losers on here, it might help to remember that “time will pass any way”.

PS I think this comes from Gretchen Rubin’s podcast. I can not recommend her work on habits and habit change enough for weight loss. She’ll help you understand your personality and how to work with it to make change including weight loss.

submitted by /u/Sienna57
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UvmfCk

No comments:

Post a Comment