Friday, September 6, 2019

How to address my fear of regaining

I'm on my third major weight loss (2 before, where I regained again). I had what amounts to a nervous breakdown a few months ago over my body image, and vowed I must get slim and healthy this time, and never, ever have to lose significant amounts of weight ever again. I'm doing really well so far.

I'm just trying to get ahead and put myself in the mindset of what to do if I start gaining again. In past times I got busy jobs, got depressed and kind of lost the momentum and vibe of healthy living. I'm honestly terrified of that happening again.

This is what I'm doing at the moment to address these fears:

  • Trying to address emotional and stress triggers wherever possible.
  • Telling myself I should keep the worry in a mental box and use it to not take my eye off the ball
  • Writing a detailed methodology of HOW I am losing weight and getting fit this time. Past times I kind of did low carb / WW Green but I can't honestly remember all the details. And that was the part of the problem, I forgot how I'd done it.
  • Making a plan to address any small gains quickly. When I get to target I will allow myself only a 1kg margin of error before I take action. I will also have a target waist measurement and resting heart rate, with similar small parameters. I won't rely on the fit of clothes like I did before.
  • I will not let people discourage me or tell me I can relax now, just have one biscuit blah blah. When I say I won't let them, I don't mean I won't listen to them. I mean I will actually tell them specifically not to say it to me.
  • I will organise my weekly routine so that meal prep time and exercise is prioritised ruthlessly. If this means life isn't so fun and games, that's fine.
  • I am writing a letter to my future self reminding myself what being overweight is really like. Ghastly details and all.

Please can you comment on any of the above, and give me any other ideas you can think of. Thanks :)

submitted by /u/paymelater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34uQfjE

No comments:

Post a Comment