Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Postpartum weight loss (x-posted).

Over the past month, I’ve consistently been eating at a deficit (usually 13-1600 calories per day) and have lost one pound. There was a day where I was down 2 lbs from where I am now, but aside from one day, I’ve remained the same. I started dieting around 2 months ago and have lost about 11 lbs overall, if that is relevant at all.

Many folks say to eat 15-1800 calories a day to maintain milk supply and lose weight, but my supply is great so I don’t see why I can’t eat less than that. And if “starvation mode” is not evidence-based, it makes no sense why I wouldn’t see a scale loss. I started exercising one week ago, so I can’t attribute an entire month’s worth of a plateau to gaining muscle.

As far as I know, a postpartum/breastfeeding person doesn’t have to eat x calories to lose weight. That would basically be saying that for some people “starvation mode” is a thing, and that gets all the raised eyebrows from me.

Where should I go from here? Stay the course? Eat more? Experiment (and in what way?)

I’m below my pre-pregnancy weight at 3 months postpartum (146.someshit depending on the day), but I’d ideally like to lose 10-20 more lbs.

Any insight?

submitted by /u/heymariehi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NarBPZ

No comments:

Post a Comment