Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Restriction enduced binging

Has anyone here experienced binging on a diet when they had not had that issue before?

I had a small binge tonight and ate up to my maintenance at sedentary. NBD in terms of my weight loss as I am not in fact sedentary.

But I feel bad physically- bloated and full when these days I am used to being hungry at night. I had some disordered eating behaviors as a teen and right now I really feel like purging.

I’ve never had issues with binge eating before this. What causes people to binge? How do I avoid it? I had a fine day today and what’s more I was never an emotional eater. I’ve never had problems with my weight- I’m losing weight from a BMI of about 23 (so high, but healthy) because of congenital joint issues that are unfortunately made worse by each pound I weigh (I include this info because people often assume a background here that I do not have).

I’ve been aiming for 500 under my sedentary TDEE and failing consistently, instead hitting about 300 under. (Aiming for 1400, hitting 1600.) I’ve lost 10 pounds on the scale and 1 inch on the waist. I look visibly thinner. I bike to and from work, walk a minimum 7k steps a day, and do 30m of pilates 3-4 days a week. I’m 5’9” and weighed 157 in July- started working on this late August- today the scale said 145 (and has for about a week, but I’m not worried).

What do these new urges to binge mean? If I develop binging behaviors as a result of restriction it is NOT worth the weight loss to me- I am pretty happy cosmetically and for other measures of health besides my pain in my joints, and there are other things I can do for my joints. I prefer joint pain to binging.

Please help!

submitted by /u/Joy_Clements
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32L0Pl9

No comments:

Post a Comment