Friday, October 11, 2019

NSV- First time fitting into a single digit pant size!

F22 5'8" SW:250 CW:175 GW:270

I started my weight loss adventure in December of 2018 and am currently down 75 pounds. I did CICO, drank lots of water, and did minimal exercise (I am an electrician, so I have a fairly physical job). I was diagnosed with severe hypertension at the age of 19, and put on blood pressure pills. Heart problems and dying young run in my family, so I decided to make a change.

I've been going through the increasingly frustrating process of buying 2 new shirts and a pair of pants every 2 months, and have been putting off buying anything major until after I get to my goal weight.
My birthday is next month, and my Mom surprised me by getting me a few pairs of jeans, and a couple new shirts for when I go back to school next week. I looked at the tags and seen that she had bought me a size 8 jeans, and medium shirts. Took them home expecting them not to fit me for a while, and surprisingly they fit perfect!! I danced around, and did some yelling, it's a huge motivator to lose those last 5 pounds (which don't seem to want to leave).
When I started my journey I was wearing a size 20 American Eagle jean, and a size 42 (men's) work pants. The last pair of jeans I bought were a size 10, and I figured they would be the last pair I bought for a while, so I couldn't believe it when I was able to zip up a size 8 comfortably.
Getting clothing to fit has always been a struggle for me, I'm on the tall side so women's clothes were often too short, or my size was not sold in store. Women's workwear is almost non-existent, and I was getting to a point where I was wearing a 2XL men's shirt, and having troubles finding those too. It's been a long journey, but it's finally coming to an end!

I have frequented this sub and /r/progresspics and they've both been huge motivators for me throughout this journey, it's an amazing community of support. I also have a very loving SO who has been there for me every step of the way (and was equally as excited as I was about my new jeans). Thank you guys for helping me get through this!

submitted by /u/BriannaHolmes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MwCmJU

No comments:

Post a Comment