Friday, October 4, 2019

So close to Onederland! Plus a NSV

Prior to getting pregnant about 20 months ago, I was already a good 40 pounds overweight, but being a curvy woman, I’ve always carried weight pretty well. During pregnancy, I gained 40 pounds, with my highest weight being 235 lbs at 5’ 6” tall. I dropped 20 of it very quickly after my baby was born, and since I was breastfeeding and didn’t want to lessen my supply, didn’t attempt to intentionally lose weight until 6 months post partum. I started out by just trying to clean up my eating - focusing on fats and proteins, less carbs. The carbs I ate were mostly veggies and sweet potatoes. I cut out most of the processed junk, but I wasn’t super strict. I lost close to 15 lbs over 3 months. I lurked here and read your stories and looked at your pictures and cheered you on silently, all the while trying to motivate myself for something bigger.

My breastfeeding journey has come to an end, and now it is time to focus on me. I started using a weight loss app 10 days ago, with a 1200 calorie a day budget (I started at the most aggressive pace, knowing I could try a less aggressive pace if it wasn’t working for me). I’ve already lost a few pounds in these 10 days. My first short term goal is to get under 200. This morning, I am less than 2 pounds from my goal!!! My second short term goal is to be at my pee pregnancy weight by my son’s 1st birthday. I’ve got about 7 pounds to go and 4.5 weeks. I feel pretty confident I can do it!

And yesterday, for the first time, somebody close to me said something. A coworker told me “you’ve really lost a lot of weight! You look really great!” I’ve lost almost 20 pounds since she first met me 7 months ago. I still want to lose another 50 pounds from here, but I know I can do it! I’m so close to Onederland, and I know I can do it, soon!!

Thanks for all of your posts and comments and pictures. You inspire a lot of people who lurk and maybe aren’t quite ready to begin their weight loss journey, but need some inspiration and motivation to get them there!

submitted by /u/Onegreeneye
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VdRvUr

No comments:

Post a Comment