Wednesday, June 3, 2020

2020 has been a hell of a year. But I have lost 40 pounds since it started.

Stats - Male, 29 years old, 6'1, SW: 228.1, CW 188.1

2020 has kicked my ass. Less than a week before New Year's my long term romantic relationship come to its end. I was devastated. My job was also causing enormous stress at that time - my mental health was already going through the ringer for the first few months of the year. Then COVID hit the scene.

But - during what has been unarguably the most difficult time of my life to take care of my mind and my emotions, I did decide to take care of my body and stick to that decision.

On 12/30/2019 I weighed in at 228.1 pounds and decided it was time to make some changes to my diet - not the first time I'd made this decision.

Today, 6/3/2020, I weighed in at 188.1 pounds. My BMI has moved from .1 into obese range (30.1) down to .1 into normal range (24.8). This isn't the first time I've lost that much weight (I've lost more in the past - within the past 5 years even). It WILL be the last time I do it.

Like the previous times I've lost weight successfully,there was no big secret - my two step plan is CICO and walking. Sometimes I walk a lot, sometimes not much at all. I log my food in MFP every single day with very few exceptions, even on days I don't meet my goals.

I guess I have two points to make with this post that I hope can help other people.

1) My weight loss efforts were my ROCK during this time - no matter what else happened and how much I felt like not taking care of myself, I had one goal that motivated me enough that I was not willing to give up on it.

2) There is never going to be any better time than the present to work on your health. No matter where you are on your journey or how hard life seems at the moment, it is WORTH IT to make the effort to take care of your body. It has enormous benefits for both your physical and mental health and is a GREAT first step towards confronting whatever other problems you are facing.

I'm still a work in progress. I'd like to lose a little more weight, and be a little more secure in how I handle my thoughts and feelings. I'm still going through a lot processing everything happening to our world. The past week and a half has been especially tough. But I'm happy, and pretty damn proud, to be carrying forty less pounds while I go through it.

submitted by /u/cornballer876
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XxWNNk

No comments:

Post a Comment