Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Big (no pun intended) day for me!

Today was a special day for me. I woke up this morning and did my weigh in and the scale gave me 314.8 pounds. For some people stepping on a scale and seeing that number would be a horrific experience but for me it was pure joy.

I started my weight loss at 387 pounds in November 2019. That is a loss of roughly 72 pounds so far which is great but not why I’m so happy today. The reason this day means so much to me is that it represents the lowest number I’ve seen on a scale since I was 16 years old. I remember weighing in for football in the 10th grade and seeing 316 on the scale, that is literally the last time I saw a number under 320 in the last 29 years!

I have tried to lose weight before but have always failed in the long term. I would drop twenty or thirty pounds then hit a wall and stop losing. This would invariably lead me to depression, self-doubt, self-pity, and right back to my old friend and comforter food. The weight loss would be gone in a few months and I’d end up as large or larger then when I started and feel like a total failure.

This time is different. I hit that wall, but I didn’t give up. I struggled for months on a plateau that refused to budge, months of a Covid lockdown, months of waning motivation, months of feeling like a failure yet again, but this time instead of giving up I doubled down. I reached out to for help and powered through it.

I am not where I planned to be when I started in Nov. My goal was to be under 300lbs by my Birthday in May and I didn’t get there, but I’m so damn proud of myself for not giving up this time. Today I don’t feel like a failure, I don’t feel like a number on a scale. Instead I feel that anything I want to achieve is possible, I CAN DO THIS.

submitted by /u/EasyPickings01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30kOgiu

No comments:

Post a Comment