Monday, June 8, 2020

Calorie deficit and exercise questions

I tried finding posts to answer my question but couldn’t seem to find any. I’m 25F CW 162lbs GW 140. I calculated my TDEE maintenance to be 2,250 with a deficit goal of 1,750. I use MyPlate which gives me a calorie deficit goal of 1,600.

My question is if I am exercising A LOT and my estimated net calories for the day falls below or near 1,000, is that going to slow my metabolism and hinder weight loss? I know there is no perfect way to measure how many calories burned but I can get a rough estimate to figure out how much of a deficit I really am at. One day I went for a bike ride and my Fitbit estimated I burned 600 calories. Even if I take the low end and say that’s 300 calories burned, coupled with my normal workout routine could put my net calories much lower than 1,600/1,750.

Should I eat a little extra to compensate for all the exercise? If so does the type of food I eat matter as in if it’s protein heavy, carb heavy, or balanced?

submitted by /u/amira1295
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BMdKep

No comments:

Post a Comment