Monday, June 8, 2020

For those with partners: how do they support you successfully?

Hey everyone!

So I've been working on my weight since Februaryish (SW:200, CW: 184). The first couple months I did it really in my own without mentioning it to my partner. I wanted to make sure I could actually stick to this and really do it, so I wouldn't feel bad later if I fell of the wagon.

Since I've been successful, I've started sharing it with my partner and telling him about my calories and just mentioning it in casual conversation and telling him about my small wins.

I can tell he wants to be helpful and is proud of me for my efforts.

However, he's never been overweight. His build is very naturally slender with muscle from weight lifting. Even in his lazy off time he's still at most 200lbs (6'2") and he can eat just about whatever he wants. He's tried to be supportive by giving me advice, or asking me if I'm sure it'll fit into my calories. However his advice isn't great and just makes me sorta roll my eyes.

I want him to feel helpful and contribute meaningfully, but I'm just not sure how he can. I've never seen a model of this situation before, so I was hoping to get some advice!

What are things you appreciate that your partner does to support your weight loss? Is there anything you wish they would do but they don't? How do you respond when they have good intentions but are just not being helpful?

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/imdonewiththisnow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zehEM4

No comments:

Post a Comment