Thursday, June 11, 2020

Health Scare

In January, I was hospitalized due to a severe infection. Turns out, I had diabetes. While In the hospital, my kidneys started to fail and I had 4 surgeries to get rid of the infection in my leg/ groin.I was 5’ 7 and nearly 300lbs. I was a smoker and drinker and ate terribly.

Fast forward to today, I have lost 65lbs, quit smoking cigarettes (after 20 years), stopped drinking alcohol (for now), and go on daily walks. I truly believe most of weight loss was attributed to my diet change ( low carb, vegetable or fruit at every meal) and following my calorie budget. I am now off of insulin and my A1C went from 12 to 5.7!!

Also, I started individually therapy, which I recommend to anyone.

I don’t think I would have done all of this without the health scare. Please pay attention to your body and get regular check ups/ lab-work.

submitted by /u/erinbeez
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YultoY

No comments:

Post a Comment