Thursday, June 11, 2020

Learned a Valuable Lesson Today

First time posting.

I thought this might help someone today so I should share. TRUST THE PROCESS.

I got back up on the “lose it” train at 346 on 5/4/20 and was determined to get back to it after my work life had made me put things on hold. And, boy oh boy, was that first month good to me. I lost 21 pounds and was feeling good. I’m losing 3 to 4 pounds a week! This is easy!

Yet, here I was, after having every single time I stepped on the scale be a new low, to plateauing for four days in a row. I was defeated.

Maybe I was right and my body just couldn’t lose weight like “normal people” could. Maybe I was destined to be this big forever. Dramatic, I know. But, those are the thoughts that run through your head at times like these. If I defeat me, then the weight loss can’t defeat me.

I told my wife “I need to do something different. I’m working hard and it’s not making sense.”

“Well, let’s do some math. Your maintenance caloric intake at your current weight without exercise should be 2,900 calories. You’re eating 2,400 a day. So that’s a pound a week. You’re on track, right?”

She was right.

“So, either eat less calories or burn more. Makes sense to me. You got this.”

When you hit the wall, which you will. Remember that failing to lose one pound today or even this week, doesn’t mean you “didn’t lose weight”. It means your weight loss stalled a little at the weight you’re at and your body is adapting.

Reassess and get back to it.

I didn’t “not lose a pound”. I got stuck for a few days after losing 21 pounds! And it didn’t happen on accident!

Trust the process.

submitted by /u/dallasdp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MTbMLi

No comments:

Post a Comment