Friday, June 19, 2020

Hit a big psychological milestone today, first time weighing under 215 in close to 15 years.

I’ve always worked out and would never be what you would describe as fat but definitely not “cut” or in great shape. My weight has fluctuated around 230 lbs for the entirety of my 20s (31 now). I have broad shoulders so it’s always been easy to hide my spare tire since it has to be huge to poke out when wearing normal clothes. I also used the excuse that because I was strong and could still run I was “in shape”.

At the end of 2019 I had ballooned up to 250 lbs and saw some pictures of myself at a work holiday party and was disgusted with how I looked. Decided to get more serious with weight loss In 2020 and have taken full advantage of the quarantine to shed the lbs.

No calorie counting, but I have cooked almost every meal at home during the quarantine, removed junk food from the house, stopped drinking alcohol (about to hit 100 days no booze), and stuck to a pretty consistent exercise regimen. For April I did an everyday yoga challenge which helped build the pattern of working out not at the gym, I run about 15 miles a week, and do body weight exercises in the yard (pull-ups, dips, and lunges).

From Jan to now my measurements are: Weight -> 250lbs to 214 lbs Hips -> 40 inches to 35 inches Waist (measured at smallest part) -> 38 inches to 31 inches Chest -> 46 inches to 44 inches

For reference I’m about 6 foot 4

I’m missing weight lifting for sure but still loving the results I’ve gotten from the past few months.

My focus is less on the scale and more on the mirror, but I think I will reach my goal body fat at around 200-205 lbs.

214 was a big milestone in my head and I can’t wait to keep up the discipline and get even lower. This community inspires me and I wanted to share my story with others.

submitted by /u/ATL-East-Guy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AJkJ7T

No comments:

Post a Comment