Wednesday, June 17, 2020

How do you cope with a lack of support?

My stats - F, 31, 5'4". SW: 170, CW: 167, GW: 140

I'm just starting out on my fitness and weight loss adventure, but I'm enjoying the momentum I have for now through tracking calories and exercising every morning.

My parents visited today for the first time since March, and I faced nothing but ridicule and comments about my body, which were delivered either as I was exercising (if my mom or dad walked by) or right after I finished. They also scoffed each time I left the room to go to the basement for a work out. I guess... I just wasn't expecting it and it dealt me a blow. I thought they would be proud of my efforts. I've always been on the larger side, and after having three kids, I'm just trying to get my body healthy to be able to stay fit and active for them. It also just feels so nice to take care of myself for a change.

My parents have always been sedentary, and my mom is obese and in general poor health. Could it be jealousy? Regret? She had to have her knee replaced at age 50, in no small part thanks to her lifestyle, and I just want to avoid that (though I have never offered commentary on that).

Has anyone faced similar discouragement? I think I'm also just feeling it compounded because I seem to have developed runner's knee (see above for an extra dose of anxiety about that 😬)

submitted by /u/emwater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2URPYV2

No comments:

Post a Comment